Sunday, August 8, 2010

The Cakes that Almost Cost Me My Family

One thing I said I would never do is make a Nebraska Cornhuskers cake. In fact, one day before I started constructing it I said exactly that. There are very few people in the world that would warrant such a thing and one of them is my Uncle Rick. He passed away recently from a battle with cancer and he was a big Husker fan. This cake was made for his memorial service. And barring a check for hundreds of dollars, this will be the last of it's kind!



As if my brother already wasn't planning on disowning me for that atrocity above, I also had to make not one, but TWO Iowa cakes. Seeing as how he is a graduate of Iowa State University that didn't sit well, either, but hey, it's money.



But after all this blasphemy my Makery assistant and I decided we had to make an Oklahoma Sooners cake or we may not be able to live with ourselves.

Ahhhhhh... beautiful!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment